Located in the Mangawhai Historic Village complex, this building has seen use as a school, a church, and now a movie theatre.
Built to a standard government design of the period, the Mangawhai Beach School saw its first pupils in 1886. In April 1887 a porch was added after a grant application was made to the Auckland Education Board.
In mid-1888, Miss Slator was appointed by the education board as the sole-charge teacher. The school remained in use until the 1950s, when the number of children attending exceeded the building's capacity, and a new school was built. The building was donated to the Anglican Church and parish members renovated it and renamed it The Chapel of Christ the King. It was dedicated by Bishop Simpkin and the building served the parishioners until December 2012 when it was replaced by a new venue. It was was then deconsecrated and moved to its present site at the Mangawhai Historic Village in 2017, with transportation funded by Kaipara District Council. Since January 2019 it has been the home of Mangawhai Movies.